|Sunday, 31 July 2011, 6:00 am
- Lights on in 6 hours. (@ New TWiT Studios) http://picplz.com/kZGl #
- I just unlocked the "9 to 5" badge on @foursquare! http://4sq.com/nzT2PR #
- Yep @sfdrummer I'll be live from the Brick House and my new office today at 11a Pacific. http://t.co/kGqNqqQ. in reply to sfdrummer #
|Sunday, 24 July 2011, 6:00 am
- @JoshMathes No, I'v never met Limbaugh. Not sure it would go well. in reply to JoshMathes #
- @n6nul @elecraft My old college buddy, Eric Schwartz, IS @elecraft, but Icom has stepped up with the goods. in reply to n6nul #
- @voyagerfan5761 No show will ever have more than one ad per 30 minutes of program – can't guarantee the spacing – I'm not watching a clock. in reply to voyagerfan5761 #
- @jeffgarlick @jeffmacarthur @ambermac @sarahlane Of course, Jeff. Shoot me your gmail addy. in reply to jeffgarlick #
- @MartinJohnson Um. Notifications in iOS 5. in reply to MartinJohnson #
- @gsabbi Thanks guys! Now I actually have to learn how to be a ham! in reply to gsabbi #
- @Tom5921 @sarahlane two minutes is way too short! in reply to Tom5921 #
- @therealizzy @donmcallister @spotify @rdio I love rdio – and am a subscriber. But I think Spotify might beat it for social and speed. in reply to therealizzy #
- @stormin You hate Google that much? What do you use for search? in reply to stormin #
- @donmcallister @paulshadwell I apologize for my dreadful accent. God save the Queen! in reply to donmcallister #
- @totalkharnage Really? You love iTunes? It's a pig – and desperately needs modernization. in reply to totalkharnage #
- Thanks @Chief717c I'm so excited about becoming a ham – a whole world of new things to learn. And new gear to buy! in reply to Chief717c #
- Thanks @TiChall – now for my first radio. Gordo WB6NOA suggests the Kenwood TH-D72. You agree? in reply to TiChall #
- @MartinJohnson Precisely. in reply to MartinJohnson #
- @therealizzy @donmcallister @spotify @rdio Yes Facebook only – but you can put Spotify URLs anywhere to share playlists. in reply to therealizzy #
- @voyagerfan5761 @google I'll check – I agree Listen needs updating. in reply to voyagerfan5761 #
- @SteveLeveen I've been hamming it up for some time! But always as a pro. Now that I'm an amateur I'm all a tizzy. in reply to SteveLeveen #
- @Nightveil @donmcallister I was just teasing. I love ZZ Top! in reply to Nightveil #
- @MartinJohnson Not at all – companies would compete to create the best products. Best for users. Lawsuits only benefit lawyers. in reply to MartinJohnson #
- @MartinJohnson All innovation builds on what came before. No progress happens without it. Lawsuits over patents impede progress. in reply to MartinJohnson #
- Ha @SteveLeveen – my sombrero is too downmarket for Levenger! Thanks for the great Journals for @AbbyLaporte tho. She loves them! in reply to SteveLeveen #
- Really @MartinJohnson? I sincerely doubt @reckless supports software patents. Let's ask him. Nilay? in reply to MartinJohnson #
- @Disaster_Guy @chief717c Absolutely. I've already inquired! in reply to Disaster_Guy #
- @reckless @martinjohnson I'm all for patents – the question is do _software_ patents make sense. I think there's a strong case against. in reply to reckless #
- Thank you @ramsubramanyam @reckless @martinjohnson – the prosecution rests. in reply to ramsubramanyam #
- Actually @reckless @reneritchie pagerank is patented. Expires in 2017 in reply to reckless #
- @ppratik96 The big problem is that if a show doesn't take off at the start it's really hard to build audience later. in reply to ppratik96 #
- @VODBurner I'll add you to the web page – thanks for the info! in reply to VODBurner #
|Friday, 22 July 2011, 6:45 pm
Tags: callsign, ham
It’s official. The FCC has assigned me my new call sign: KJ6QGP. I immediately applied for a vanity call sign.
|Wednesday, 20 July 2011, 6:48 pm
Tags: ham, icom, kenwood
These handy-talkies are dual-band: VHF/UHF, the frequencies most suitable for Technicians. And since there are lots of FM repeaters in the mountains near Petaluma, there’s lots I can do with them. Not that I have yet.
I bought the Icom because it does D-Star, a packet-based digital voice and data protocol that’s new and gaining popularity. The Kenwood was Gordon West WB6NOA’s recommendation because it supports APRS, IRLP, Echo-Link and other popular digital technologies.
One of these days I’ll actually give them a try.
|Sunday, 17 July 2011, 6:00 am
|Friday, 15 July 2011, 6:25 pm
I passed the Technician exam at the MDARC meeting in Lafayette! I am officially a ham. I’ll be back next month to take the General exam.
Here I am with the Volunteer Examiners after passing. Great bunch of guys!
|Sunday, 10 July 2011, 6:42 am
Tags: ham, TWiT, twit brick house, w6twt
Radio corner at the new TWiT Brick House Studios – note the lack of actual radios but one genuine, soon-to-be, ham.
|Sunday, 10 July 2011, 6:00 am
- I just used TwitPic Exporter by @stevenbullen to export my images from TwitPic http://bit.ly/twitpicexport #
- EFF: Tips For Talking To Police Searching Your Computer or Phone http://t.co/S2RotOa Read it before you need it. #
- I just unlocked the "Foodie" badge on @foursquare! http://4sq.com/mYL4UA #
- Those Who Sacrifice Liberty For Security Deserve Duck #replaceawordinafamousphrasewithduck #
|Sunday, 3 July 2011, 6:00 am